Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Lies...God doesn't live in heaven. He lives at the Frederiksborg Castle.

One of the many lovely wonders of living in Europe is that you can walk anywhere. To there, from there, somewhere...anywhere! Well being the quaint little person that I am, I decided to walk over to the local town castle (casual). I present to you, FREDERIKSBORG CASTLE.


Ill take the liberty of picking your jaw up from the ground.
Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah....cue the white birds flying and the rainbow to pop over it. Yes, this bad motha is in my little town of Hillerod. Jealous? You better be.


My mind actually short-circuited when I went inside this monstrosity. I wouldn't be surprised if the local tourists thought I was the town drunk or something because I couldn't form words much less function in this castle. Each room I went inside I had another epiphany. I would even dare to say that this castle was even prettier than the Vatican. HA take that Catholic Church, the Lutherans do it better. Suckaaaas. Don't believe me, o ho, take a look.
BAM.


WHA?!
Oh, we stow away the ugly guests here.


That was only a sprinkle from the cupcake. There were about 5 billion other rooms that were even more grand than the ones I just showed you. What was even better was that I had the whole castle to myself (once I drop kicked a few Japanese tourists out of the way). I would be lying if I didn't say that I pretended to be a princess running through her castle. Because I did, and I had an awesome dress like this..
Pretty in pink! (except in the winter)

True story, I was in this one room that was basically encrusted in gold with priceless paintings in every crevasse and a diamond chandelier every 10 feet....so I naturally assumed it was the Grand Hall. When I asked the security guard he just smiled and pointed to the little staircase to left so I turned and my mind literally blew up. I had an actual mind-gasm. I couldn't process thought, feeling, or just my general state of existence. The security guard's laughter brought me back to the real world and I continued to walk around this...this..I don't even know what to call it. It was heaven. This giant wonderland was heaven. Heaven is not in the clouds, it is here in Hillerod.  The Grand Room was the size of a football field and was covered completely in gold. Every area was covered in detailed, priceless murals and ornate carvings. There was a fireplace that I could easily walk into and this random huge lion that sat in the middle of the room. You just have to go. AMAZING.
Chicka, chicka yeah!
After several brain hemhorrages from all the mind-gasms I had, I somehow stumbled out to the garden where I suffered another stroke of disbelief. Behold.
Tis' nothing but a few rose bushes.
This is considered a "running park" for the local community. To me this is saying that instead of getting a goldfish for a pet, I get a unicorn and a billion dollars. There is just no comparison. 

"Hey guys."
Yeah, so that happened. This is why you need to study abroad in Denmark. If you do, you are able to stumble upon these little treasures everyday. I am not even joking. Today, I found this amazing sandwich shop. Denmark= Treasure chest.
Keep it classy and keep it real.


2 comments:

  1. I went there too!!! I didn't go in though! Its So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog post made me so happy! Especially the unicorn and a billion dollars part... miss you!

    ReplyDelete