Thursday, October 21, 2010

Absolute Mayhem

Well my Mom is here!!! Yay!! I am so excited to see a face from home. Don't get me wrong, I am not wanting to go home but it is always nice to see a familiar face :)
She is a little jet-lagged so I am letting her catch up on her sleep. She is staying at the SAS Blu Royal Hotel that is only 5 minutes away from DIS, so I am definitely going to catch up on some sleep this week since I only have a 5 minute walking commute. SCORE! 
We are debating on whether to go to Stockholm, Amsterdam, or Berlin for the weekend? Oh the life of studying abroad. It's funny when someone asks 'oo what can I see and do in Copenhagen?!" I don't really have a good response. 
There is so much to do and see in Copenhagen but studying abroad has enabled me to not be a tourist. So in retrospect, I don't really know what tourists are supposed to do here. Besides Nyhavn, the museums, and the palaces there isn't much that comes to mind. I guess this is the time to try out the canal tour! We will figure something out. It is just difficult because, of course, this is midterm week and everything is due. I have been able to finish two papers but I still have one more and then 2 midterms to study for.....craziness. So I will have to balance the traveling and work this week. 
On another note, some of the girls from my school back in NC came up to Copenhagen from their study abroad in Florence. They were so shocked it was so cold! It really isn't that bad, it is in the upper 40s, but compared to Italy, I am sure it was colder than they were used to. I went to Tivoli for the first time and it was SO BEAUTIFUL! They totally decked out the place for Halloween. Even though Halloween isn't big holiday here, they still try to deck it out for tourists. It was so warm and cozy. Pumpkins were everywhere and the scent of hot apple cider and caramel candy just wafted in the air. It was just absolutely magical.
Well, I have to go but more will come soon! Sorry, this isn't a good post. I barely have time to think this week, much less be witty. Tragedy.

Elon at Tivoli!

No comments:

Post a Comment