Sunday, October 17, 2010

The "study" of study abroad is kicking in..

Studying abroad is essentially studying...but abroad. 


I still have professors, I still have reading to do, I still take notes, have papers/exams/ etc. But the one thing, that is nice about DIS is that they don't make you do "busy work," which I found I got a lot of back at my home university.
You just show up to class, have the reading done, you discuss it, and that's it about. No frills or bells, just a good old fashion interactive lecture. Well, since I have been used to doing just reading and a few papers/tests here and there I was not prepared for the overwhelming work fest that is in front of me for the next two weeks.
I have three 8-10 page research papers due, three midterms, 1 research synopsis due, 2 film screenings for my film class, a Russian language quiz, oh and top of all that my mom is coming to Copenhagen.
My mom coming to Copenhagen is actually the best part of the week and I cannot wait to see her! It is just going to be a lot of stuff to juggle around. 
I guess this happens to everyone, but all of this stuff is due within a 3 day span of the last week of October.  Lawwwwd have mercy (as my grandmother would say).
So, hopefully I will survive.


Oh and last night at my folkhojskole, we had a fake wedding party. SO MUCH FUN! We were all given roles to play in a wedding and had a fancy dinner and then we continued to play along through the night. It was a blast. Do a folkhojskole when you choose housing, you won't regret it.
La picturas.
Me and the Danish "priest" aka Isabella!

Lovely wedding preparations done by the student council.


No comments:

Post a Comment